Saturday, December 26, 2015

DSLR won't focus with refractor telescope?


I have a Nikon D5200 with the appropriate T-ring and adapter for my Celestron 90EQ refractor. I was looking at the moon through the scope with one of the eye pieces and everything was perfect. Took out the eye piece and put my camera set up in and all was extremely blurry. I went through the full range of motion with the focus nobs on the scope and it never came in to focus. It seems like the further in I turned the nobs the smaller and more clear the image got but it was still way out of focus. Is there something I'm missing or not doing right? My Nikon does not have an internal focus motor so all focusing must done via the lens, in this case my scope. What else do I need? Thank you.

Read more: DSLR won't focus with refractor telescope?