Monday, February 29, 2016

Best portrait bokeh lens for Nikon D7100?


I just upgraded from a D3200 to a D7100 and am trying to figure out a good portrait lens to purchase for it. I have the 55mm prime portrait lens but I feel like I have to back up too far to get a full body shot of my subjects. Weddings especially make this difficult, but I love the quality this type of lens gives me. My current portrait lens is also FX and I"m wanting the DX to get the maximum amount of quality out of my camera. Any recommendations for an inexpensive lens? (less than $400) I thought about the Nikon 35 mm prime lens. With it being shorter I figured I'd be doing less backing up. I'd rather have to move in closer than back up, especially if my space is limited.

Read more: Best portrait bokeh lens for Nikon D7100?