Tuesday, April 11, 2017

D800 Built-In Flash?

As much as I hate using the built-in-flash and that I have no need of flash in my photography, my friend wants me to photograph her organization's night event this Thursday outside. It will be from 8pm to 11pm and I need to know if the built-in-flash is enough to take on this.
My only question is what is the range of the built-in-flash of the Nikon D800? I checked my manual and it said "The built-in flash has a Guide Number (GN) 12/39 (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)". Does that mean its range is 39 ft away? I'm only asking because 39 ft is a long distance and I assume it would only be 10 ft away. I need to know this because I may be taking group pictures with dozens of people.

(Before you comment saying I need an external flash, I do not have time to buy one and I do not need it for my photos right now. I would rather much save my money to buy another lens haha).

Thank you so much!

Read more: D800 Built-In Flash?