Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Comments on this telescope please?

I'm interested in getting an entry level telescope with the primary goals of lunar and planetary viewing (as opposed to deep space objects). I have a good bit of experience with photography and microscopy. The Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD appears to be about the level that I'm looking for with a decent, but not huge aperture, Go To system, and reasonable portability.

I have both Nikon and Sony full frame cameras for image capture.

Would you recommend a different scope (somewhere near this price point)?

What accessories do you consider indispensible?

I plan to use the scope to observe the eclipse. Aside from the necessary neutral density filter and suitable eye protection for myself, is there anything else I would need?

Read more: Comments on this telescope please?