Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Polymer for diy solar eclipse filter?

Recently bought a Nikon d3300 to get back into photography (took classes in hs but never owned my own camera, I know how to work and take care of a DSLR). There's a solar eclipse this weekend and I purchased a polymer sheet to create a filter (link below). I wanted to make sure that I'm not damaging the light sensor inside the camera. Would having the f/ stop or ISO higher/ wider appature cause damage even with using this filter?

I typically do not ask questions because most the time there would be a comprehensive article regarding this, but I was unable to locate this information online. Also, me owning my first dslr /would be my first attempt at taking photos of the sun I would like to persevere the quality of this camera as long as possible. Any feedback/ personal experience would be great and thank you for helping me in advance!

eBay link for polymer sheet I purchased:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/253099229769?_mwBanner=1

Read more: Polymer for diy solar eclipse filter?