Saturday, December 30, 2017

What are some good, low-budget telescopes for astrophotography?

I'm looking at getting a telescope so I can do some astrophotography with my DSLR. But I'm really stumped on what I should get. I'd like to get a GoTo Telescope, which tracks and finds objects for you so you don't have to manually find it yourself. I'd like something that would be able to capture planets of our solar system, nebulas, and galaxies. It must be able to support the weight of my DSLR, which is a Nikon D800. I do not want to spend a bunch of money on a telescope, so I'm looking at cheaper options. I want to make sure that I enjoy it and/or can figure out how to do it before dropping money on a nice, more expensive telescope. I'd prefer not to spend more than $500.

I have been looking at this telescope. Any opinions on it?

https://optcorp.com/collections/meade-starnavigator-next-generation-telescopes/products/meade-starnavigator-next-generation-114mm-reflector?gclid=CjwKCAiA7JfSBRBrEiwA1DWSG6E7GCJ-ozDmlR_yVt077n-35X-NN2l5TC0nFuiGch5pMZRoj6gukRoCij8QAvD_BwE

I know very little about telescopes so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Read more: https://nikonmag.com/talk/fx/what-are-some-good-low-budget-telescopes-for.html