Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Do FX lenses that are used on FX cameras greatly increase the quality of the pictures compared to FX cameras using DX lenses?

I'm a beginner photographer who purchased a Nikon D850. It's the second dslr camera I've purchased since I upgraded from a Nikon D3200. I purchased a D850 and use a DX lens instead of an FX lens because my previous camera used that lens so I decided to give the DX lens a try on my D850. So far I've taken a couple of pictures in auto settings but when I zoom in to see the focused area of the pictures, the pictures look blurry. I'm wondering if they look blurry because of the DX lens or if it may be because some other reason. I'm planning on getting an FX lens to see if it fixes the blur issue. I hope that switching to that lens will greatly improve the quality of the pictures. Has anyone seen a huge difference in quality with full frame FX cameras when taking pictures with FX lenses compared to DX lenses?

Read more: Do FX lenses that are used on FX cameras greatly increase the quality of the pictures compared to FX cameras using DX lenses?