Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Black chips INSIDE my dropped lens! How to fix it?

I accidentally dropped my Nikon D80 with lens on (Nikkor 18-135mm), it dropped from my desk and landed on the floor (on the camera body with the lens facing upward), no chips or visible damage on the outside at all. But when I look inside my lens, I see 3-4 shutter-shaped (or shark fins shape) black pieces inside, they are whole pieces, unbroken, like the shutter loosened or something! I can still turn on my camera, but it'll only keep trying to focus, the shutter won't close, I can't take any pictures with it.

Can I take apart my lens and put the pieces back into place? I looked all over the internet for solutions but I haven't found anything useful yet. Best if I can fix it myself, I really can't afford to have pros repair it or get a new one.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated, thanks in advance!
Added (1). I tested the camera again just now--there are still loosed blades inside the lens--but it's working, I can take pictures with it just fine!
>>> Black chips INSIDE my dropped lens! How to fix it?