Monday, October 15, 2012

Do the cheap slave flashes work just as well as the more exensive ones?

I'm young and chronically ill, so I can't get a job. I spend all my money on my 5 fish tanks… I have huge fish, they're not cheap to feed.
I've gotten into photography recently and want to get pictures of my fish, but the pictures I get don't turn out too well. I need a slave flash to put on top of the tank to get better lighting during a picture - it's what a lot of good fish photographers do.
However I don't have the money to go buy one of those extremely expensive ones. I have a Nikon D50, can anyone point me towards the cheapest slave flash that would work for what I need? Is there anything else I would need to go with it to make it work?

Hehe, thanks for the help guys. I'm new at this photography thing.
>>> Do the cheap slave flashes work just as well as the more exensive ones?