Thursday, November 8, 2012

Any suggestions on a camera for personal use and beginner users?

I'm looking for a camera, but I'm also on a slight budget. I can't really spend over $150.
I am not so familiar with cameras, but I do want one. I am planning to go on a trip soon & I wanted to get a ton of pics. I was planning to go out to the beach & then towards the mountains.wanted to get a ton of pics where i'm headed & possibly with friends. I don't really know the differences in the resolution, megapixle, etc.on the camera's.
everyone tells me to get a Nikon, Canon or Sony. I'm not planning to make any videos with it, just taking pics. also, I wanted to get one that you can upload pictures to on a laptop to edit, if possible.
Added (1). Well. I do want a camera that's portable. if its tiny, then i'll settle with it as long as it's at least decent on the photos.
>>> Any suggestions on a camera for personal use and beginner users?