Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lenses on Nikon D3100?

So I think I'm asking for a Nikon D3100 as my first DSLR and it says it comes with a "18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens", but I'm so confused by all of the lenses available, which are compatible, and what's so special about some of them.Is that lens okay for many things? What do all of the details mean? Is it good for landscapes, people, night and day, macro shots, action shots, etc? If not, which lens should I get? What about filters? Can I put those on top of any lens? What "size" should the filters be? What are affordable lenses that are functional and fun? As many details as possible, please.
Added (1). I specifically want a fast (i don't know the technical terms) lens that has background defocus and options for manual or autofocus. Also one that I can apply effects to and one that's fast and good for taking many pictures in a row at parties and with friends or of landscapes or architecture. Also, how can I apply "bokeh" to my pictures? FINALLY, I know I said I've set my mind on this camera, but is this a good quality easy to use entry level DSLR for a 13 year old? From what I've gathered, it is, but I'm open to other options. Thanks!
>>> Lenses on Nikon D3100?