Friday, November 16, 2012

Mid range dslr setup for video?

Hi, I'm looking to get a new dslr setup more geared towards shooting video.

Previously I used a canon t3i with the standard lense that it normally comes with.

More recently I've been using a Nikon d3100 with the standard lense as well

I don't own either of these and I'm ready to purchase something myself. Like I said i am focusing more on video. Should I go nikon or canon? What has better lenses? Better body? Better for video?

One thing I definitely want is the external mic port. That's why I'm shooting more towards canon.
I would rather at this point spend more on the body if that means if it will last a long time and then get better lenses as I go.

I'd say my budget for the body is about 1000-1500 but I'd be willing to go farther if there's a huge difference in quality

I've done a lot of research there's just so much I can't wrap my brain around it.

Any advice is appreciated!!!
>>> Mid range dslr setup for video?