Monday, November 26, 2012

Seeking advice from photogs?

Hi! Ill start out by saying im a very ametuer and new photographer. Idk if i can even call myself that lol. Well i purchases my nikon d3200 about 3mo ago. I have totally fallen in love with the art! I eat sleep and dream photography. Ive had to teach myself the basics and am starting to understandmore. Ive tried to link up with mostly all photographers in my area and theyre either very short with me or tell me to find a different hobby basically :/. Which gets me to my first question.how can i fins photography workshops in my area? Im a single mother and short on cash so it cant be too expenaive! And for my second question. I have recently had a handful of people request work from me and im not sure how to go about it. I never expected to earn money for my hobby, but a few people are becoming very persistant with me. I have no idea where to start. I know i dont want to have a smallbusiness. I know i dont want to create a website or blog. I dont even want to watermark my photo's.i think it ruins the picture! Do i need to print up a contract? What should it say? Ive founs myself with 3 people waiting for me to get back to them with details about pricing time length and number of pictures. Most people in my area charge $50 for an hour and around 30 photos on a cd. Not many people do prints. I would be interested in having a package for printing. Pleaseee helpppp im so confused idk how i got here!!!
Added (1). @david pryce.thanks for answering my questions :) i will keep looking for someone to link up with. Imconsidering making a post on craigslist but i dont think im comfortable with meeting a stranger through the internet lol. I have repeatedly reffered a woman to other photographers who have more expirience and she says "i dont care i want your pictures." Im still unsure of what to do… But ill definitely keep studying
>>> Seeking advice from photogs?