Friday, November 30, 2012

Which 10x50 binocular to buy for Amateur star gazing / astronomy?

I am new to star gazing I have done some initial research for what binocular to buy. I am convinced that 10x50 porro prism binocular will do great fro me.
Now I am confused which binocular to buy.
I looked online, I found the following for consideration:
- Olympus 10x50 DPS I
- Nikon Action 10x50 CF
- Kenko Artos 10x50W

Olympus is costing 4.3K, Nikon 7.4K and Kenko for 8.7 K. I researched Olympus is having BAK7 prism that is why it is coming cheap.

My Budget is around 8, 000 Rs (roughly 150$).

I need some expert advice to which binocular to buy. If any other binocular is also good (and in my budget ;-) ), please tell me.

I am living in Pune, India.So please suggest something that is available in Pune (or can be delivered to Pune)
>>> Which 10x50 binocular to buy for Amateur star gazing / astronomy?