Friday, November 30, 2012

Camera videos lose audio when transferred to laptop?

I've taken some videos with my camera (a Nikon D3100). When I transferred them to my laptop (an Asus… something) and tried to play them, there was no audio. I tried opening in multiple programs, but it didn't make a difference. I've moved videos from the camera to the laptop before, and it was fine.

I tried a Google search for a solution, and got a few different Nikon- and photography-related forums and help pages. They all say to download an updated codec. I found a rather recently updated one (from September of this year) and attempted to download it. When it began to install, a notification popped up that said a newer codec was detected on my computer, so the installation stopped.

The videos are pretty big files, because they're kind of long. Would that have anything to do with it?

And I'm going to repeat a very important piece of info here: I already tried downloading a codec and it said it was up-to-date. I know someone's going to answer this and just say "Get a new codec." and think they're being incredibly helpful. That sort of thing happens every time I ask a question.

CODEC. UPDATED. ALREADY.

Anyway, thanks in advance. :)
>>> Camera videos lose audio when transferred to laptop?