Wednesday, December 26, 2012

How to learn to use my camera better?

I've always loved art and photography and had a Panasonic DMC-FT2 for several years, just your standard tough camera.
I got given a Nikon D3100 a few months back and I really want to learn how to use it properly, and to teach myself about photography and composition and the like. I'm not using it much because I dont know how to really, I mean I can use it off automatic but then its just your standard photos that don't look anything special - at the moment my friends are just asking me to take photos of them at parties which is stupidly easy, as I just use it on auto to keep them happy. Are there are creative and fun ways to get to learn my way around my camera? Asides from reading the manual over and over, I mean to learn about aperture and ISO as hands-on as possible- the stuff that you dont worry about with a point and shoot. Even online articles wold be greatly appreciated :)
>>> How to learn to use my camera better?