Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Need a digital body for an SLR lens?

I'm not a photographer by any means, but I do know what I like when I take photos.

I have a Nikon F80 that I absolutely adore, the lens (AF Nikkor 28-80mm), is fantastic, and I always feel in control when using it. Sadly, my dad has refused to buy and develop any more film, but he says I can buy a camera for my birthday on January first.

My parents have a Nikon D90, and I loathe it.It's heavy and clunky and for some reason, whenever I use it, no matter what lens I use, it never lets me focus properly.It makes this whurr whurr noise and craps up the photo.

Anyway, I wanted some suggestions for a new digital body that would be compatible with the lens I already own. I've already tried jabbing my lens into the D90 without success.
Added (1). Okay, so it fits into the camera and is compatible, but if there's a smaller, lighter body that will also use my SLR lens, more suggestions are welcome.
>>> Need a digital body for an SLR lens?