Monday, December 17, 2012

No matter what i do with the ISO my pictures blur in low light or get very dark?

I have a Nikon d5100 and I just don't know what to do. Today we went to a place with Xmas lights, I wanted to take some pics of my son and even with an H1 the pics were blurring. ALLL of them, had to take them all on flash which takes from the effect. I try to shoot in manual and even when i my ISO is at it's highest the pics are dark. This is so frustrating! My sony tx1 point n shoot can take better pics indoors or in low light but my DSLR is making me cry. Can some one tell me what is it that i can do to fix this problem? I want to be able to take more pictures without the flash. When i up the exposure the pictures blur, ISO doesn't make too much of a difference. I know there is something that i am missing obviously but what? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>>> No matter what i do with the ISO my pictures blur in low light or get very dark?