Monday, December 17, 2012

Which Camera lens would be better?

I'm sorry I'm an amateur so I know I'll probably sound dumb asking this. I've been trying to research this but I'm still a bit confused so I would appreciate help.

I have the Nikon J1 and I wanted to buy a new lens for it. I have the 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 and the 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6. I wanted to get the 10mm f/2.8 lens because it was compact and a wide angle but then I saw they had a new lens the 18.5mm f/1.8.At first I thought it wouldn't be worth it because I have the 10-30mm but then I saw that it had a faster f-stop.So after researching the 18.5 I found it was really meant for portraits which I was looking for something I could use more for nature and street photos as well as quick snapshots.So I think I'm going to get the 10mm but I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice before I buy it because it's a lot of money for me and I don't want to buy something I don't need.

The 10mm is $249 and the 18.5 is $189 btw.
Added (1). Which one would be better for taking pictures of stars and the moon?
>>> Which Camera lens would be better?