Monday, January 14, 2013

35mm or 50mm f/1.8 lens?

Ok so I just know that
1. I want a prime lens
2. I want it to have at least 1.8 aperture
3. Not too expensive (not sure if possible)

I just want to know the difference between the 35mm and 50mm lens and why one is much more expensive than the other -same thing with the diff between f/1.4 and f/1.8. Also, what do the names 'Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D' and 'Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G, and etc,' mean? I have a nikon D3200 if this helps with anything and with suggestions on prime lens I should get.
Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a certain kind of lens where you can zoom in a lot to maybe 200mm but also can zoom out to get a low f/stop like 1.8?
Thank you very much if you give me any hard-on detailed answers :)
>>> 35mm or 50mm f/1.8 lens?