Monday, January 14, 2013

Digital camera focuses-out small far away objects?

My digital camera focuses away small objects like birds when against a mono-colored background (blue sky, grey lake water) as if they were blemishes. How do I adjust the settings to stop it from focusing-out the object I zoomed in on? I can usually see the bird up to a point as I'm zooming, but if I zoom the whole way (my camera goes up to 21x) it goes out of focus or blurs or I don't know what (and usually a few steps back in focus, the bird is too small to see, period). I frequently take bird pictures and often can't get close to them, and this problem happens all the time. I can't find the answer in my manual. The brand is Nikon.It doesn't have add-on lenses.
Added (1). In La La Land, Isn't macro for close-up objects?
>>> Digital camera focuses-out small far away objects?