Friday, January 11, 2013

Best entry-mid level DSLR for my price?

So i asked for the most part the same question just the other day but im going to rephrase and sum up a little better now that im not in such a rush. I am looking for a DSLR camera entry-mid range level for 800$ or lower(must come with a lens or be cheap enough to buy the body and a lens for 800$ or less). I am to a degree looking for a perfect camera which just inst possible which maybe that's why im having a issue deciding but here are some of the "cant live without" points i want in a camera. Side flipping screen, something quick on the draw, Fair amount of lens options and good support for the camera (Don't want something that wont be supported in only a few years either by lenses or the company). The cameras ive been looking at are all about the same price but all have disadvantages if you choose one over the other. Ive been checking out the Nikon d5100, Canon t3i/t4i and the sony a65.

The sony is my first choice but the way the screen flips would be annoying for me and it seems to be slower than the others after taking pictures which isnt something i want to deal with. The nikon seems to be the best choice for me but the fact its starting to get older (Not that old) and the big fact that is has no AF motor concerns me. Having to buy the AF-S lens even if that's what i would buy normally seems as if it would be more expensive down the road and give me less lens options but maybe a AF motor in the body isn't something you need Im not sure since im still somewhat new to DSLR's. The canon seems great for video and comes with some better software than both the sony and nikon it also has a motor but comparing it to the other two for actual photography is seems to be out preformed in many ways and also the t4i in particular i hear crashes alot. I could solve all of these issues if i just went for say the nikon d5200 but i simply don't have the money. Ive tried both the nikon and the canons in the store with neither screaming at me to pick one over the other except the t4i was slow which didn't please me(But demo models always have issues so idk if its like that when actually having one). I have yet to try the sony and plan to see if they have it in store tomorrow.

Basically it comes down to this. Does a AF motor in the body matter/save you money down the road?
What has the better support (should be supported for years to come with lenses ect)?
Whats the better camera out of what i mentioned?
Any other suggestions for cameras following my price/Must haves?
Does the t4i have Crashes/freezes as ive heard/seen?

Keep in mind i want this for photo's obviously but video is something i will use from time to time.
>>> Best entry-mid level DSLR for my price?