Friday, January 11, 2013

My Nikon D3100 won't turn on, why?

I just got my Nikon D3100 in the mail today from Sears and it is factory refurbished. I carefully opened the package and such and it said to charge the battery and should take about 1 hour 30 minutes to charge. I set it up to charge and it said in the manual that a blinking light means it's charging and a solid light means it's done charging. I was only charging it for probably between 25-45 minutes (I forgot to see when I first started charging it) so then I saw after the time that it was done charging but when I put the battery in the camera it wouldn't turn on.So I figured I'd charge it some more so I put the battery to charge and the blinking light was there but it kinda quickly turned to a solid light.So I tried putting it in the camera again but it still won't turn on. I put it to charge two more times.Am I not putting the battery in correctly? I know I'm inserting it in correctly but do I need to have it like click in their to hold it in? In my camera is slides in and only stays down when I shut the tab door thing.
>>> My Nikon D3100 won't turn on, why?