Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Opteka .35 fisheye very blurry?

I'm using it on a Nikon D4 (Full frame), to which it should be compatible. I attached it to my 50mm 1.4 lens. (Which in FF should be like a 35mm on a crop camera). I have tried switching to manual focus and the view is COMPLETELY blurry. (Not just bad quality blurry, but 100% blur). What am I doing wrong? The macro attachment works fine.
Added (1). Thanks for all your responses. Yes, I was also thinking that maybe my 50mm wasn't wide enough..I am planning on getting a 35mm in the next couple months, so will try again on that.In the meantime, the macro works great. And yes, I know this isn't a lens, it's an attachment with shoddy glass on a gorgeous 50mm 1.4G lens coupled with a $6, 000 camera. :) I wanted it for fun to take some interesting pics of my kids. I wouldn't be using the fisheye for professional use unless I had an actual fisheye lens (a little outside my budget right now, since I am eyeing that new Sigma 35mm 1.4). But it's on my "win the lotto" list :)
I trying closing up my ap, but that didn't help.At least the macro works, so I may not return it.
I just jumped the Canon ship for Nikon, so trying to build up my lens arsenal again, just can't afford a "real" fisheye yet.
>>> Opteka .35 fisheye very blurry?