Friday, January 18, 2013

Which camera lens would be best for me?

I'm receiving a second camera lens as a gift from a family member and I don't know which one to choose. I have a Nikon D3100 and the standard 18-55mm lens at the moment. I would prefer a zoom lens, but then the other thing to consider is I'm taking a trip to China with my school in about 6 months and I don't know what lens I would take. I couldn't spend all my time swapping between lenses, but a 18-105mm or a 16-85mm lens is unfortunately out of my price range. Since its a gift from someone I don't know too well I don't want them to have to spend outrageous amounts. The one I was originally thinking of is the 55-200mm lens, but then there's the whole changing lens thing.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what lens to go for? It needs to be $250AUD or less preferably, a tiny bit over could be fine.are there any screw on zoom attachments to my original lens that could do the job? Thank you :)
>>> Which camera lens would be best for me?