Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Videotaping for home studio setups HELP?

Okay so first of all, im thinking of doing high def videos for my youtube parody-ish covers(music video style)

So I havnt tried using my dslr (nikon d5000) since i dont have a tripod yet(i only use my webcam and phone's cam LOL). I have my nikkor starter lens(15mm-55mm) and a semi long range lens(55-200mm) for a good dof. And my flash is pretty old school. I dont have much intel on such studio setups stuff, all i know is i need a tripod, camera, backdrop, and those lighting boxes stuff(forgot what its called)

Im thinking of buying Nikkor 55mm 1.8 portrait lens, i feel itll give me a really good soft focus since it has a very low aperture, plus its cheap.Do you think its worth it? Or i should just stick with my starter lens?

Next thing is tripod, i dont want to buy manfroto since its too expensive and itll just wont fit in my budget. Any good tripod suggestion? A tripod that could hold my camera and wont easily break: D

Then lightings, I need those diffuser box thingy and a light(would flash do?). I want to have that good spotlight to give my video a nice color and less noise. LOL my flash sucks, really old like 10 years ago(my mom used it with her manual slr cam, pretty sick though). Suggestions anyone?

And then the backdrop, how do you even setup that lol.Do i have to paint? or i could just use a nice smooth cloth because i dont want to paint my room.

I was hoping to make videos like the boyce avenue on youtube, really clean videography.

Here's my vid in youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_oHez0a2_s

I only used my imac's cam for tht lol. I want to have a 720p or 1080p vids next time. And i want to have a really good soft focus. (Nevermind about my voice haha)

Links or video tutorial would also be great help: D
Please no negative answers. Thanks!!!
>>> Videotaping for home studio setups HELP?