Friday, February 22, 2013

What is the slowest shutter speed I can use for 70-200mm 2.8 with 2x teleconverter?

I am using nikon 70-200mm 2.8 with 2x teleconverter. Outside on a cloudy day I dont like to shoot under 1/600, actually i like to keep it up around 1/1000 as a minimum just to be safe, since im basically shooting a 600mm after my nikon d7000 crop factor, and im hand holding it. I use auto ISO and just keep it wide open 5.6 and at 1/600 and im happy with my results, the only part im not sure about is how slow of a shutter i should use.
When im inside or outside at dusk, how slow can i realistically shoot and keep the pictures sharp, with hand holding it? Lets ignore the subject of what im shooting, usually just people walking around with no fast action.
Keep in mind, im also shooting with the VRII
Any suggestions on how slow i can shoot handholding it would be great help!
>>> What is the slowest shutter speed I can use for 70-200mm 2.8 with 2x teleconverter?