Saturday, March 23, 2013

Need help with point and shoot camera choice?

I have a 5 year old Canon Powershot SD990 (14.7 Mega Pixels with a 3.7 Zoom) It's ok, but I wanted to upgrade it for an upcoming vacation. I know I'll have to give up having a viewfinder with the new cameras. The newer cameras appear to be significantly lighter and less clunky, which I like.

I only use my camera for pictures, not for videos. I've always had good luck with Canon cameras and Canon software, so I'd like to stay with Canon. I've tried Sony and Nikon in the past, but my Canons are always the ones I go back to.

I don't want to use AA batteries. I do use the zoom feature for kids' sporting events, graduations, etc., but otherwise I pretty much leave the camera on Automatic. I take pictures both outside and inside our home, and rely on the camera's flash & automatic settings in low light. I would like to be able to enlarge photos to 8X10, and maybe even a little larger. I'd like to keep the cost under $350.

Can you suggest a camera for me? Should I try to go to a 16.1 or higher mega pixel? Is a 5X Zoom enough, or should I go with something more?

См. статью: Need help with point and shoot camera choice?