Saturday, April 6, 2013

Is this the right way to go?

Hello, I've recently bought a Nikon D3100 and started to learn photography. I happened to read some answers here by EDWIN, photoace etc.As I understand, photographs are made and not clicked. I've gone thru some sites to understand exposure triangle and composition, light etc. I'm still going thru and there is much more to find out.

My approach to make photographs is when I see something, I've a vision for what I see. I try to visualize how I want to make what I see. I'm operating my camera in manual mode. I've never used any other mode.So I try to set the aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc and take a click. I'll see if i'm satisfied with the light, exposure etc. I'll take as many snaps till I get the right exposure, right compostion, etc. But the problem is I dont remember the settings which gave me the correct exposure or to say the desired exposure. When I move on to take another photo, I keep doing this again.Is this the right way to learn? I'm still observing light. Sometimes I take a cam and go out, I just observe and observe and don't click at all. When I try to click, I keep adjusting the settings, angles, framing etc until I get the picture I want.It may go to taking 20 clicks of the same photograph.So am I doing it the right way?

Please critique my photos. I've posted both the edited and unedited versions. I know there will be many basic mistakes. Please let me know so that I can correct.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94694276@N05/

См. статью: Is this the right way to go?