Monday, April 8, 2013

Outside concert tomorrow. Photography advice on settings nikon d3000?

I have a nikon d3000.i will be using a 18-50 lens and a 75-300 lens.i shoot in RAW
There is a Big concert tomorrow and people will be dressed in outfits ect.
I live in florida.here is a link of my weather for tomorrow.http://puu.sh/2vtwD
I noticed when i take pictures sometimes outside or at the beach my pictures are pretty dark, or
my subject is darker then i wanted it to be. I use Spit metering so i dont get that part.
I thought with spot metering it will meter the light on my subject
(i understand how the cameras metering works thinking the work dis 50% grey)
i usually shoot in Aperture mode, between f5 or f13 if i want more or less of a blurred bg,
with spot metering and spot focus.
I usually i put it in auto mode, see the settings and go into manual and tweak it after a test shot or 2 but its hard to do this at a concert due to i have to see shots fast and snap them.
i don't have a external flash for a fill in light.should use the built in one for fill in? If so how do i get it to not be over exposed without being in full manual? I like manual but not in events because i have ti sometimes take pictures on the spot! Also doesnt having the flash on mess with the metering?
i want to take about a few hundred pictures tomorrow.close up of peoples costumes and some shots of the people on stage. i would like some advice on settings i should change or what i should use from people who have more experience in this kind of situation.

Before people talk about the manual i have it.and know the setting in the camera.im just asking advice on better understand the settings in different this siutation incase i go out there and my normal settings in aperture mode inst working.
Added (1). Btw its going to be mid day sun, around between afternoon till the sun starts setting.
Added (2). What mode were u in when u took those picture

См. статью: Outside concert tomorrow. Photography advice on settings nikon d3000?