Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Canon 5D MK3 vs Nikon D800E?

I am looking for a digital camera…
I'm coming from an advance user perspective. I actively use a fleat of Film cameras in various formats (135, 120 - 6x6, 6x9; 4x5).
I am an advance user. I use to use a Fuji x100 before it was stolen and am looking for a digital camera that will be used occassionally… My bias will remain with analogue
- street, landscape, urban landscape, studio, events … … … I do a bit of everything; however i have never done any sport, action or macro. Nor do i have any interest in pursuing it in the future.
note 1: I do make large prints that I hang on my walls at home.
note 2: i am not a professional photography, my income does not rely on photography in any way shape or form.

I'm a little torn between the canon and nikon
5D MK3: grip.functionality and easy customization from portraits to landscape. less hestitant focusing.
Nikon D800E: resolution, resolution, resolution. i.e. for my larger prints

side question:
is it weird that the only lenses that i intend to use are…
28mm F/2.8
50mm f/1.4
135mm f/2
(I never really used zooms and i feel like I don't need them.)
Added (1). Although incomplete, i'm including my website so that you have a better idea of the images I take.
http://dikaiosune01.wordpress.com
Added (2). I would like to thank the people involved here who have taken the time to respond and share their insight. I also wish to take this opportunity to futher explicate myself.

I've read numerous reports of the Nikon D800 hunts a little bit before finally confirming autofocus. I've noticed something similar when I tried it in the showroom. Which i'm assuming is also true for the 800E.In the nikon's defence, it is not something i would notice if it wasn't mentioned earlier.

I prefer not to rely on DXO mark for sensor performance. I've seen prints that do not reflect the scores delivered by DXO. i.e. i've seen a number of prints with images taken from a Leica M8 that has greater tonality and depth to a similar image made by NIkon D700. Unfortunately, shops don't typically supply prints for inspection.

См. статью: Canon 5D MK3 vs Nikon D800E?