Sunday, May 12, 2013

Opinions on Nikon D800 and Canon 5D Mark III?

Over the past week I've been reading bit by bit on which one, for the foreseeable future, would be a better purchase. Such objective, though, is quite unfair, as I am well aware what both have strengths that are not necessarily parallel with each other.

I've had a 7D for over 3 years, and I feel too limited with its cropped sensor, therefore, I have saved up to make the leap into full-frame. I've read very heated arguments regarding these two cameras, each one having a pro that is hard to give up, while also having a con that is not easily dismissed.

Without going into too much detail, the consensus seems to be that the D800 is amazing at stills, and barring any low light scenarios, is also quite sharp and pretty for video. The mark III on the other hand seems to be baby steps away from the mark II, and for me, its most attractive feature, other than my familiarity with Canon, is the extremely attractive low-light performance.

My purpose for this device will be mixed, I will take stills, and I will shoot video, both largely in equal amounts. However, I still don't know which one to buy. I'd like to hear some opinions if you own either of these cameras, or if you own a different one and would like to share the reasons as to why it is as good as it is.

Thanks

См. статью: Opinions on Nikon D800 and Canon 5D Mark III?