Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rubber lens hood that works wth Nikon's 85mm f1.8D?

I'm heavily considering adding an 85mm to my camera bag.

I do not like the fact that the lens's default lens hood (HN-23) is a metal screw on because I would not have all the time to do all that screwing on and off every time I take it out of my bag. I wonder why it's not rubber like the hood for the 50mm f1.8D.

I know that the lens uses a 62mm filter thread and that companies like Promaster make rubber lenses. I was wondering if I could use almost any 62mm rubber lens hood that won't vignette.

Any advice would be helpful.

By the way, the bodies I use are a Nikon D300s and a Nikon D300. Both are DX sensors.
Added (1). Andrew: I don't mind the fact that rubber hoods are screw on because I can easily expand them and collapse them for my camera bag. The metal screw on I have an issue with because I have to screw it and unscrew it every time.

And no, the Nikon 85mm f1.8D does not have a bayonet mount.

См. статью: Rubber lens hood that works wth Nikon's 85mm f1.8D?