Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Should I switch to Nikon? - 1

I own a Canon Eos T3 or 1100D and I got this as a beginner. I was going to by the Nikon D3100(Because it looked really cool and sexy and I liked the button layout) but I was lured to the T3 because of the number of lenses and HD video mode. But now I realize I don't use the HD video a whole lot and only want to buy 3 lenses in total. I am going to buy a 50mm 1.8 lens this week and I also have my 18-55mm lens. I am 14 years old and I am going to buy a new camera after or during high school. I was planning on getting a 60D. I will not get any lenses after my 50mm lens from Canon until then so I was thinking of switching to Nikon again. I heard that Nikon is much better for stills then Canon. And I take pictures of my church and events, mostly basic things, I am not in no means a professional photographer or want to be one, I just want to take pictures well and be a amateur.So I want to know if I should stay with Canon or switch to Nikon in a couple of years. And if you can recommend a Nikon Camera for me that is equivalent to the Canon 60D that would be very helpful. THANK YOU.
Added (1). BraiR, First of all I do know why I want a 50mm lens and this lens is so for the only one I feel like I need,
and I want an 'upgrade' for more flexibility in my pictures, which I will need after I get better at photography,
I was going to buy the Nikon because of it feels better in my hands, and I like the buttons,
I HEARD that the Nikon has better photo capabilities and the Canon has better video capabilities which I don't really use.

См. статью: Should I switch to Nikon? - 1