Sunday, July 14, 2013

Using a third-party flash on a nikon d90?

I'm interested in buying a certain third-party flash for my d90. The flash can zoom, tilt, rotate and has a diffuser built in. The flash has only one button on it which is the on and off switch.It doesn't have an lcd, but it does have a sticker with a bunch of numbers (it's a manual flash). I would have given a better description of what was on the sticker but I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to read the sticker.

I'm not sure what the name is.It's not a big brand like nissin or yongnuo.

So what I'm wondering is: Can my camera control the flash? I read somewhere that you can't control third party flashes from your camera so I want to double check.

And what are the pros and cons of buying a third party flash?

I know that someone is probably going to tell me to buy a nikon flash, but I can't afford it at the moment. I will be getting one in the future.
Added (1). @John P

I did ask the sales person about that, and he said that it won't fry the camera.

См. статью: Using a third-party flash on a nikon d90?