Sunday, July 14, 2013

Why do my RAW to JPEG conversions look darker?

Ok, they dont "look" darker, they are! putting my 2 images side by side, the raw file that i edit to my wants looks perfect, when i save it as a jpeg and open it, it comes out considerably darker and less "smooth" (looks more rough-ish). Why does this happen? i am new to this dslr stuff but i dont get why my images come out with less quality, it's very frustrating! i take pictures of food for a blog im starting and i want my images to be unchanged when i post them but the jpeg looks worse in quality.is there any way i can keep the quality i see in raw after it gets converted? should i just shoot in JPEG as opposed to RAW if converting is going to undo my editing anyways? some help would be greatly appreciated.

also, just in case, i have a nikon d3100 and i edit my raw files in adobe photoshop cs6.

См. статью: Why do my RAW to JPEG conversions look darker?