Friday, August 23, 2013

If I switch to a full-frame camera can I still use my old lenses?

I have a Nikkor 18-200mm f/4.5-5.6 and a Nikkor 50mm 1.8D… I am wanting to upgrade to the Nikon D600, a full-frame camera, especially because it handles high ISOs extremely well. I tested it out at my camera shop and loved it.
Would I still be able to use my 18-200mm and 50mm on the D600?
Added (1). I'm also trying to understand the difference between FX/DX lenses.
Are there any cons to a full-frame camera?

I want to make sure I'm thoroughly informed before I make the decision to buy the new camera.
Added (2). Matt - because my current camera sucks, it's 10 years old and extremely frustrating to work with.It is impossible to work in low light with this camera, even with the 1.8, because it can't handle any ISO above 400. And even 400 is iffy. I want to work in a lot of situations with low light, but I can't with this camera. I have considered upgrading to a lot of different cameras but the D600 is the one I really like.
Added (3). The 50mm 1.8D is an FX, so I wouldn't consider that bad glass in front of a good camera :) I mostly shoot with the 50mm.
Right now, upgrading the camera is my number one priority, and then my next step will be FX lenses.Is there an FX lens that is the near equivalent (in zoom range, that is) of the 18-200mm?

См. статью: If I switch to a full-frame camera can I still use my old lenses?