Saturday, September 7, 2013

I want to be a photographer but so does everyone else?

My ultimate dream is work for magazines like The Rolling Stone. I had a photographer teacher that said her first job was taking pictures of bands as they were on stage. That's what I'd love to do because I also love music.
I can tell you anything you want to know about any rock band/artist.

My mom was a photographer, so it's always been something I wanted to do. Not because of her, but I've always been around it and cameras.

I'm even "dropping out" (homeschool) so I can get a job and save up for a professional camera. I have a Nikon D3100 right now. I want a D3X and eventually I want to switch to film.
I take photography classes over the summer as well, and I'm trying to get to go to a month long summer program at a college.

But I'm having anxiety because it seems like EVERYONE wants to be a photographer. Everyone my age posts pictures on tumblr and flickr and they're all photo majors in college or planning to be.

In a way it annoys me because they're all looking to take "pretty pictures"… not necessarily something that has meaning.

Last year at the summer thing, our teacher asked us what photographer inspires us and none of the other kids had a favorite photographer. They didn't even know any other photographers… they're all egocentric.

Do I have a right to worry about finding a job and doing what I love?

См. статью: I want to be a photographer but so does everyone else?