Thursday, January 16, 2014

Prime lens for NIKON to match my needs?

I purchased a Nikon D5100 a few months ago and I am slowly learning about it. I have a basic understanding of aperture, iso, shutter speed, etc. I have the kit lens and it came with an additional (telephoto?) lens as well. I adore my second lens (I'm sorry! I cant remember what it is exactly…still learning!) but I have to stand too far away. I am not a professional and would rather leave the serious stuff to the professionals. I mostly do portraits of my family and some personal events. What I am looking for is honest advice on a good lens that will serve my purposes. I want something that can take attractive portraits and yet be general enough I will not have to change out my lens constantly. Since my photography is for personal use, I cannot justify spending thousands on equipment. I am hoping to find something that will let me achieve a nice bokeh without having to stand in the other room. Also, and not sure if this is even possible, I am looking for something that will work well in low-light so I do not have to use the flash. Since most of what I photograph is candid shots or children, a slightly quicker lens would be appreciated.

For example, I want to take nice photos of my niece and nephews birthdays with a few crisp portraits I can frame for personal display. I also attend fundraisers for work, anniversary parties…etc and want to take nice photos that are dimly lit indoors without blinding everyone with flash.

If there is not a lens that is affordable ($500 or less range) I understand! I just am not sure what equipment I would benefit from the most to add to my arsenal.

Читать далее: Prime lens for NIKON to match my needs?