Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fitting a FZ150 to a telescope?

I'd like to start doing Astrophotography down my Celestron 114eq.
I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ150 and have been taking some photos of space objects, however I'd like to start taking photos down the scope.

Because the lens cannot be taken out of the camera this causes a issue, I see things like this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxsima-extension-Panasonic-DMC-FZ100-conversion/dp/B004W7UBEW/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
and don't know if this is what im looking for.

As far as I understand I need something called a t-adapter, and i'm not sure if that's it. Can someone please run me through all the necessary components to attach a camera to a scope?

(If my camera is not adequate for this I can use my dads nikon, it lets you take the lens out but he may be selling it soon so I'd rather not spend money on something I may not have for long. I also have a webcam, but I'd rather get high quality pictures)
Added (1). Thanks geoffg, that is one way of looking at it I have not considered before. What if I just wanted to use it to take short exposure photography of say, Jupiter?

Читать далее: Fitting a FZ150 to a telescope?