Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Is the Nikon D5300 worth it?

Hello there!

I've been thinking about upgrading from the D5100 to a better camera, and I was looking at the Canon 60D for awhile but realized it would be more of a downgrade. Now my eyes are turned to the D5300, plus I have Nikon lens already so that saves me some money by buying just the body, and I was wondering if it was worth the upgrade. I am not professional and by no means am trying to be, however I do like taking great photos(I sell cameras for a living so I strive for quality) and I love taking videos for fun(Just with the family or something, nothing serious, but do like nice quality none the less).

The things I don't like about my camera that the D5300 improves…
-Poor video quality, and I understand that was one big upgrade to the D5200/D5300 from the D5100
-Can't crop my photos that much without causing grainy images(Due to only 16 megapixels I imagine).

Things I love about my D5100 that the D5300 kept…
-Tilt LCD Screen
-No lock on the Camera's Mode Dial

I haven't played with the D5300 that much at work, though I plan to go into the store and make sure it feels good in my hands.

Basically I am just wondering if the differences in quality are over exaggerated from the reviews I've read, or if they have improved significantly(Video, Ability to crop more thanks to the 24 megapixels, etc.).

Also if anyone has any other suggestions for a camera, please recommend no matter the brand! I love taking action shots, up close shots, inside with dim lighting normally, and outside ranging anywhere from the bright afternoon to dusk, so anything that fits that criteria! I normally use manual mode and manual focus and adjust my settings as I see fit.

Again, I'm willing to pay for quality, but nothing over $1000, and just want to know if this would be a good upgrade, or if there is something else I should be looking at.

Thank you for reading this question and thank you for the answers!

Читать далее: Is the Nikon D5300 worth it?