Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sandisk 16gb SD card is freezing my camera and computer why?

I have a sandisk 16gb SD card which I use in my Nikon D5100. I was using my camera for filming which I hadn't done before, the video was approx 10 mins long. My camera screen went blank during the end of this with a yellow egg timer. This remained and I was unable to switch my camera of and in the end had to take the battery out.
After trying to turn it off and on a again and leaving the camera running a message came up saying that the sd card was not working, I tried putting it into my laptop but my laptop froze, I was unable to access the information from the SD card or connect to the internet or open anything at all even the task manager to shut down anything unresponsive. When I removed the SD card the laptop worked fine and the Camera seems fine, although I don't have a spare SD card to try and take photos with.
I was just wondering what the problem might be and if there would be anyway of recovering the photos on the SD card without downloading or using any over software. Its not the end of the world if I can't, I wouldn't want to spend any money on recovering them but if there is a way it would be great to try!

Read more: Sandisk 16gb SD card is freezing my camera and computer why?