Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What are the top 3 lenses for any occasion for the Nikon D5300?

I am going to buy the Nikon Digital SLR D5300 soon and was wondering what the best lenses are for it. I don't want to skimp out and buy a cheap lens that doesn't let in much light or clarity, however I cannot afford lenses which are ridiculously priced (ones that cost more than the camera itself).

My budget per lens is about £300 tops however if I am able to reduce the number of lenses I own in favour of a more versatile lens I can go as high as £500.

I would like lenses that will cover this range of scenarios;

Landscapes
Interiors (wide angle)
Portraits
Bokeh Shots
Long-range zoom

If such a lens exists, also one that might be suitable for Video Blogging, one that can handle low light without much digital lighting increase.

Basically, am I better off buying one lens that is as adaptable as possible? Or buying 2-3 lenses for all occasions?

Many thanks for the help!

P.S: I am just starting out in photography and this will be my first camera. I have done a lot of research however I am of course still a newbie, so I will need a thorough explanation behind each response please so I fully understand the pro's and con's of each lens and why I might need 1 over 3 or vice versa.

Read more: What are the top 3 lenses for any occasion for the Nikon D5300?