Thursday, May 22, 2014

Should I upgrade from my Canon EOS 350D/Rebel XT in the near future?

I currently own the Canon EOS 350D. Yes it's 2014 and its almost 10 years old and blah blah please don't mention its age, I love it for the features it gives me and the images are great. I also love the features it has, I learned how to go slr with this camera years back and I would never need anything more in image quality.'

The one thing I'm really concerned about is the build quality. I'm worried, that if I drop it it will shatter. I have big hands and a big grip, it feels a tad small and plasticy for my tastes. I like the fake leather design and heavier and metal clad build of the amateur and professional bodies.

I could just buy a battery grip and keep it, this is where I ask your advice.

Other things, such are burst fps, the clickwheel for adjusting in manual mode (soooo much faster than the buttons on the Rebel lineup) and the weather sealing are other factors that make me consider another camera.

Now, since I have a Canon I am looking at other Canons. I like the looks of the 20/30/40D, but I've even looked at some professional models such as the 1D mkII. I also am fond of Nikons, but once again I would have to state a new inventory of lenses if I bought one.

I don't want to pay over 350$ for the body really. I don't need much better image quality or noise performance than my 350D has, either.

I plan on using the body for general purposes (all scenarios, the lenses are what I change regularly).

And please don't question my shooting experience.

Read more: Should I upgrade from my Canon EOS 350D/Rebel XT in the near future?