Sunday, June 8, 2014

Nikon D300 Slow Shutter Regardless of Shutter Speed?

Hi! I hope you can help me with troubleshooting this issue.

In an effort to better understand my camera (I know, I know, I'm buying a book soon but I need this problem solved ASAP) I started messing around when the Menu settings and now when I press down my shutter, it takes the picture VERY slowly. I only shoot in manual mode and no matter if the shutter speed is 60 or 8,000 - the shutter release is extremely slow. When I change the aperture and ISO settings or even my lens, it still has the same problem.

I have my camera on the Continuous Low setting but it still take pictures slowly. Changing it to Continuous High doesn't change anything either.

I'd like to troubleshoot further before I bring it into a camera shop because I'm almost positive this is an operator error. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

Read more: Nikon D300 Slow Shutter Regardless of Shutter Speed?