Saturday, July 19, 2014

Achieving Off-Center Focus with Canon 6D Focus Points?

Attached is one of the photos taken by loyanzi from Flickr.
I am on the way to get Canon full frame system this year.
I was considering the 50mm f1.2L and 135mm f2 L.
Now, I do not have the budget for 5D III after 50mm f1.2L, but then again, that creamy bokeh is just astounding from the 50L.
I have also considered a Nikkor manual AIS 50mm f1.2, but the bokeh is a "little" harsh, just a little.
So, I was thinking about 6D either. Later, after a few years upgrade to Mark IV maybe.
Maybe you get used to the 11 point focus in 6D, but how did loyanzi achieve these focus? I know the focus points layout from 6D.
Are these the far left /right focus point mostly, or, did loyanzi use manual focus override?
Or maybe just crop it down?
What about focusing "on the eye"? What would I do with a Canon 6D?
I have heard NOT So FAVOURABLE things about "focus and recompose".
*I have asked loyanzi. I haven't got a REPLY yet. I just want your opinion. I'm deciding between lenses. Thank you!
More photos for reference: Added (1).

Read more: Achieving Off-Center Focus with Canon 6D Focus Points?