Monday, July 21, 2014

Film Photography multiple Exposure?

I was out earlier shooting some images (using a Nikon FE, just in case that helps) when I was testing to see if a switch did as i thought. It did, it allowed me to make a multiple exposure, not advancing the film when I push the film advance lever. Only problem is, I assumed i'd be able to abort it. I spent a little while trying to see what I should do, it seemed as though the only way to make the film advance would be to take another exposure. So gave up and just took another, but I covered my lens (with the lens cap and also my hand) as well as pressing the view finder to my chest in case any light got in that way. I did also put the settings to F22 and 1/1000th for even less possibility of light. I'm assuming that because no new light got in, there wont be any change to the first image? Is this correct? And also if there is a different way to abort making a multiple exposure on a Nikon FE I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks

Read more: Film Photography multiple Exposure?