Friday, May 29, 2015

Nikon D5200 didn't click 999 photos with inbuilt intervalometer. Why?


OK, I found that there is a built in intervalometer in D5200.
I did the set up a night for star trail photography. Camera's battery was full, memory card was empty (16 GB). Now I set the no. Of shots to 999 with interval of 6 secs each.
My intention was to take as many shots as I can till the battery dies. But to my surprise, the camera stopped taking photos after some 160-170 shots. I dunno what happened. Battery wasn't exhausted, there was space in the memory card. Then I again started taking the photos.
Can anybody help me understand that why the camera didn't click 999 shots or clicked photos till battery died or till memory card got full?

Read more: Nikon D5200 didn't click 999 photos with inbuilt intervalometer. Why?