Friday, August 21, 2015

What camera should I purchase within a price range of $1000?


Hi!,

I'm about to purchase my first DSLR. I already have an SLR (35mm), but now I wanna get digital.

My options are:
The Nikon D7200 (maybe the 7100) and
the Pentax K-3 II.

I'm just looking for a camera between these to, no Canon for me!

I'm struggling to decide, because Nikon is a good brand with a wide range of lenses available (even of second hand). But Pentax seems to offer more for the price (even with its lack of lenses).

So I don't know! I want this camera to last for at least 5-10 years (yeah, I know). And I'm planning to travel around Europe.

Any other suggestions are welcome! :)

What camera should I purchase within a price range of 1000 - 1
Added (1). By the way, my SLR is Canon. So I can't (and I don't want) to use its kit lens…

Read more: What camera should I purchase within a price range of $1000?