Monday, November 9, 2015

What lens would be good to replace my Nikon 18-55mm kit lens?


I am an amateur portrait photographer and am looking into replacing the 18-55mm kit lens. I have a 40mm f2.8 macro lens that I use for close up shots, but I am looking for a lens that can counterbalance what I use that lens for. I like the range of the 18-55 mm, but the lens is old and the focusing is a little off. What would be a good lens to replace this in quality and function? I am looking into the Nikon 18-105mm f3.5, the Nikon 18-140mm f3.5, or maybe the Sigma 17-70mm f2.8. I would love to find a lens that can still be used for close up shots but that I can also use for group shots or to get more of the scenery in the picture. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Read more: What lens would be good to replace my Nikon 18-55mm kit lens?